Major Training & Educational Grants Recieved
Valued Speakers & Panelists
- 2014 Dunham Fund Grant – provided training for 42 Police Officers in drug interdiction
- 2014 Bob Barker Grant – provided bus passes for those needing to get to drug court, probation, meetings, etc.
- 2015 Dunham Fund Grant – provided 50 Police Officers drug interdiction training./li>
- Speaker 2014 Kane County Drug Court Graduation
- Speakers – MORecovery
- 2015 – Recipients of Dunham Fund Grand to be used for substance abuse programs.
- Jan. 2015 – Sponsored Straight Talk About Drugs Forum in Batavia, IL
- Annual Chris Walk Night Out Against Substance Abuse, every July
- Nov. 2015 – CWASA sponsored “Animals”, a film on addiction at the Copley Center, Aurora, IL
- April 2016 – Chris Walk President, Vicki Foley, was named Volunteer of the Year for the Kane County Adult Justice Center
- May 2016 – Volunteers helped to lead “Freedom from Fear” retreat at Logan Correctional Center, Lincoln, IL
- Worked with Kane County Drug Court to provide resume and interview help for job seekers.
- Members are currently mentoring at the Illinois Youth Center, Kane County Adult Justice Center, and Stateville Penitentiary.